WHEN & WHERE?
**AWANA CLUB WILL BEGIN SEPTEMBER 7, 2022**
Registration for the AWANA 2022-2023 school year is open now!
Every Wednesday, 6-7:30pm throughout the school year (Mid September to Mid May).
167 Arata Lane
Annual Fees: $50/Child (Fees include all books, vests/jerseys, and awards)
Awana is a super fun, Bible-centered, kids program that provides weekly clubs at NEWSONG CHURCH. It is a fun approach to making the Bible alive and relevant with caring and trained leaders who invest time, love, and wisdom into shaping children’s lives. While kids are having fun together, they’re learning about Jesus and growing in their faith too. They learn Bible verses and spiritual truths, and they encounter life lessons that feed their soul. They participate in games and activities that train their bodies.The acronym Awana comes from the phrase, "Approved workmen are not ashamed" from 2 Timothy 2:15. NEWSONG has been partnering with the parents in this ministry for over 5 years, and our desire to disciple and evangelize to children will continue to be one of the core values of this church.
Here at NEWSONG, we have programs for kids from Preschool to 5th grade. The following groups exist so that each age group is met on their level:
- Cubbies is for Preschool (child must be at least 3 1/2 years old)
- Sparks is Kindergarten —> 2nd grade
- T&T (Truth & Training) is 3rd grade —> 5th grade
Every club meeting consists of four segments that provide excitement from start to finish:
- Opening Time: Kids meet at the beginning of each Awana night to learn and sing songs about God and His grace. It’s a time to focus why we have Awana, “to reach boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him.”
- Handbook Time: Kids work one-on-one in small groups with a trained leader to recite verses they memorized. Leaders talk with children to ensure they understand key Bible verses that teach them how to know and follow God. Awards are given in recognition to children who have completed sections in their handbooks. That is where you as the parent come in: you help your child learn these Bible verses. You can use songs, hand motions, or whatever works for your child. (You will probably learn the verses right along with him/her!)
- Large Group Time: Each club comes together for singing worship and to hear an age-appropriate Bible story to learn about character traits that honor God.
- Game Time: Children learn teamwork and sportsmanship in team competition in the Awana Games Circle.
Awana helps churches and parents work together to develop spiritually strong children who faithfully follow Jesus Christ!
"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15
As a parent, you will appreciate Awana for many reasons:
- You will know your child is being led in a structured, well-prepared, achievement based program which enhances reading comprehension skills. Materials are superbly written and designed to stimulate involvement and enjoyment in learning.
- Our goal is to reach boys, girls and teens with the Gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him. If that is a goal you have for your child, please take a closer look at our Awana Club. For reasons evident in the success of Awana Clubs worldwide, you will want your son or daughter to attend Awana as much as they want to attend themselves.
- Week by week they will learn and grow as they study God’s Word. How fast? To some extent that is up to you. Experience shows that parental involvement makes a big difference in each student’s progress. So let them know you are behind them.
- Make it a point to prepare their uniform. Meet their leaders, participate in special parent night activities during the club year (Mid-September to Mid-May). Encourage weekly attendance and serious study of their handbook lessons.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
Awana cannot happen successfully without you! If you're interested in helping out, please sign-up below.
If you have further questions about our AWANA Kids Club or visiting NEWSONG CHURCH with children, simply click below and get in touch with us!